05 Apr Telehealth – Your questions answered
Welcome to this new world of telehealth! We are all in this together, but the funny thing is that telehealth has actually been used by healthcare practitioners (including Chiropractors) for years, especially in remote locations. While we know the benefits of manual therapy and contact with in-person treatment, telehealth appointments have been shown in many studies to be just as effective as in-person treatment in achieving positive outcomes! So rest assured that your telehealth appointment will be safe, effective and delivered by a professional, experienced practitioner.
But of course, there are a lot of questions about telehealth, what it is and how it all works, including payments. So we’ve compiled a list of FAQs for you:
What is telehealth?
Telehealth is a virtual appointment. It’s just like your normal Chiropractic appointment, but done online using video calling software. You can see your practitioner and they’ll be able to see you. You can chat to each other as normal, via your computer, tablet or phone. Telehealth also covers phone-only consultations, although most clinics will offer video consultations over phone consults.
How does it work?
We’ll email you a link before your appointment time. Click on the link and the software will open. Helpful hints:
- Try and be somewhere with little background noise, or plug in headphones to help eliminate the background noise. But don’t worry if you have kids around and this is impossible – we get it!
- Make sure your room is well lit, and preferably have the light in front of you (this is so we can see you, rather than just your silhouette).
- Try to have two metres of space behind you. This is so you can perform any movements your practitioner may ask of you and so they can see your whole body in the screen.
How we can help, and what we offer with telehealth:
- Chiropractic assessment followed by exercise and rehab advice (including the option to have rehab/treatment tools posted directly to you eg. foam roller, posture pole).
- Ergonomic assessment and advice for your home office set up
- Lifestyle and nutritional advice.
- Supplement prescription and postage direct to you.
- NET consultations – personal guidance through the FAST protocol (developed by NET) to help alleviate stress and anxiety. To see our guidelines for how this process works, click here.
What are the appointment costs?
We have decided to reduce our regular pricing during this time to make it more accessible for our clients. Our prices are listed when you book online.
To pay for your consultation, you will be provided with bank details to do direct transfer. Your receipt will be emailed to you.
Does my private health insurance cover it?
At this stage, Chiropractic is not covered via telehealth, however every private health insurer is different, therefore it’s best to contact your private health provider to check if you’re covered.
We hope these FAQs about telehealth have been helpful. Ready to give it try? Book online HERE.