25 Oct My Top 5 Apps & Podcasts for Health & Wellness
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t slightly addicted to my phone. Although I aim to cut back from using it, particularly at night, I find it is easy to slip back into poor habits again with screen time. I’m sure I’m not the only one guilty of this. Hence I thought, why not write a post on some of the beneficial uses for our devices – with Apps and Podcasts.
- Insight Timer (App) – I’ve only recently discovered this one. Basically it gives you free access to thousands of meditations. You can find a meditation for anything – help with sleep, motivation, energy, breathing. What I also love about it is you can narrow your search results with filters to find what suits you. You can filter for time limits (only have 1 minute to meditate, no problem!), filter for meditations with music, guided, male VS female voice. Very clever! Then when you’ve completed one, you log it and can rate it out of 5. I’m sure there’s many more features to discover on this free App, however I’m already pretty happy with what I’ve used so far!
- Smiling Mind (App) – I’ve referred my clients to this many times. This one is wonderful for the whole family. Featuring meditations and exercises for children, teens and adults. This app works with mindfulness principles, and is great for the beginner, right through to the advanced meditator.
- The Model Health Show (Podcast) – Another recently discovered podcast which I love listening to while driving to work. This is the #1 Health & Nutrition podcast on iTunes (maybe in America, not sure about here in Australia yet). Shaun is well researched with the information he presents, and interviews some great experts. He’s got a passion for education people on the importance of sleep, and offers practical advice you can apply straight away to get your health back on track.
- The Melissa Ambrosini Show (Podcast) – Melissa interviews some pretty amazing people on this podcast from all over the world. A few of my favourite episodes have been: Conversations with God with Neale Donald Walsch, How to Succeed at Life with Jack Canfield and Heal Your Gut Heal Your Life with Kirsty Wirth.
- Clue (App) – This one is for the ladies. Clue is designed to make tracking your cycle accurate, fast and friendly. Keep track of your monthly cycle by entering data about your period, pain, mood, fluid, sexual activity and personal notes. If you are suffering from hormonal issues and irregular periods, this information is very beneficial for your practitioner too.
As I’m getting to the end of this list, I realised there’s so much more I love:
- Soul Doctor (podcast) for my spiritual fix
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations (podcast) and her Meditation App with Deepak Chopra
- She Means Business & MindfulBiz for my inner entrepreneur (both podcasts).
Happy Listening/”Apping” 🙂
Of course, it’s important to consult with your health practitioner before undergoing any changes suggested in these podcasts.