01 Oct Tahini Biscuits
Tahini is a paste made from toasted, ground sesame seeds. It has a light, nutty flavour and has a range of health benefits! Tahini is full of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. It’s also rich in antioxidants and contains anti-inflammatory compounds. I hope you enjoy this healthy recipe which is also egg and dairy free (and gluten free if you use gluten free baking powder!)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tbs of sweetener of choice (I used coconut sugar, you can use more if you have a sweet tooth)
- 1/3 cup hulled tahini
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (I used peanut)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
Combine the lemon juice and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl (mixture will become foamy). Add sweetener, tahini, lemon rind, oil and your chosen nut butter. Using an electric mixer, beat for 1 minute or until mixture is just combined. Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mixed spice over tahini. Add sesame seeds. Beat on low until just combined.