04 Jan Gluten Free Cauliflower Fritters
Did you know that Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fibre and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that may protect against cancer. It also contains fibre to enhance weight loss and digestion, choline that is essential for learning and memory, and many other important nutrients. So why not give this recipe a go next time your looking for a great breakfast, lunch or light dinner option!
- 3 cups cauliflower (900 g)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup onion (75 g), chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped
- ½ cup buckwheat flour (60 g), plus additional flour for coating
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese (35 g)
- 1 egg
- chives, chopped, to taste
- coconut oil, for frying
- sour cream or tahini sauce, to serve
- Steam cauliflower for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Mash or blitz cauliflower, mix in salt, pepper, garlic, onions, parsley, flour, grated parmesan and egg.
- Form patties with the mashed cauliflower mix. Coat both sides of patties with the extra buckwheat flour.
- Fry in coconut oil until golden brown and crispy on both sides – I found about 12 mins each side worked well with a medium heat on the stove.
- Add sour cream or tahini and chives to taste.